Business Administrator / Finance Assistant
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a business administrator/finance assistant to join the DIT AgTech team. We are looking for a well organised and effective communicator to join our team to ensure that all inventory, purchasing and accounts systems are accurately managed and maintained for the day to day running of the business.
You will be part of a small team where teamwork and collaboration is the key to success. The mentality of “rolling up your sleeves” and being accountable for your area of responsibility is expected and provides you with an opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge.
DIT AgTech currently has its manufacturing facility based in Townsville with production facilities in South Australia, Katherine, Mt Isa and Toowoomba (head office). The company is looking to expand its operations over the next few years to various other locations around the country and therefore requires a good business administrator to assist with this.
The core purpose of DIT AgTech is to ‘enable farmers to produce more with less’. We are prioritising the development and innovation of technology that will allow farmers to produce the food that is required for the growing population. DIT has been working closely with the agriculture industry to create a solution that allows producers an opportunity to have a more economical and sustainable business operation.
DIT is a solutions driven organisation with a unified team that shoots for the stars in every aspect of the business. We do this knowing that if we miss the mark then we will land on a lofty mountain. This job is not for those who are just looking to fill in time and collect a wage, this position is for people who are the doers, the people who are a bit crazy and the people who want to actually change the world.
- Inventory Management
- Manage the inventory software management system – DEAR
- Manage all inventory movements throughout the company
- Manage stocktakes at all warehouses ensuring all inventory levels are accurate
- Of raw materials for manufacturing via the purchase ordering system in DEAR
- Maintaining good relationships with suppliers by liaising with them for the purchase and delivery of raw materials
- Accounts Management
- Process payments, invoices, income and receipts and entering data into accounting software or databases
- Daily reconciliations of all transactions in Xero
- Manage the onboarding process for all customer orders
- Manage all invoicing (accounts receivable) out to customers for the company
- Financial Assistance where required by the financial and commercial lead
- Make sure all QA and OHS policy and auditing is managed and controlled
- This is a full-time permanent role based in our Townsville production facility
- An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Full training will be provided to the successful applicant
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in an inventory management and account’s role (essential)
- Experience with DEAR inventory management software (preferred)
- Experience with XERO accounting software (preferred)
- Basic accounting knowledge and bookkeeping skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- A high level of effective communication both written and verbal
- A high level of basic computer skills
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Ally Gravolin on 0428754373 for further information.