Chief Financial Officer
About The Company
DIT AgTech is a rapidly expanding Ag Tech company that is bringing technology to the livestock industry to assist graziers increase their profitability. DIT manufacture and sell patented IoT devices which provide water supplementation to livestock as well as remote monitoring solutions to make life on the land easier and more connected for graziers and producers. In addition to this, we manufacture the supplements which get dosed using our technology.
We place a heavy focus on R&D and are constantly reassessing the needs of the producers at the business end of the supply chain and how our IoT devices can assist in streamlining the ‘on farm’ processes and making them more profitable for the user. At DIT, we pride ourselves on our strong connection to the outback and one of our core principals is to put ‘boots on the ground’ and to grow strong personal face to face relationships with our clients.
About The Role
Reporting to the Board and CEO, this role is a key member of the Senior Management team, accountable for driving group financial services and strategy. The successful incumbent will provide the Board and Executive Management with accurate and timely financial assessments and information that will ensure prudent financial management enabling DIT to achieve its strategy.
Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting functions will be the new incumbent’s core strengths. They will also be skilled at developing strategic recommendations to the CEO and Executive Management.
- Financial accounting, statutory reporting and reporting to Board, including variance analysis
- Working knowledge of accounting standards
- Management accounting including Manufacturing Based Cost Accounting, cost control, gross margin, sensitivity analysis and budgeting
- Preparation, review, and analysis of daily, weekly and end of period management reports
- Analysing and controlling expenditures of all departments to ensure compliance with budgetary requirements
- Collaborating with each department head on the financial performance of their outlets
- Completion of budgets and forecasts
- Mentoring and motivating Finance Team members
- Business operating and risk management
- Cash flow management, banking relationships, capital requirements & fund raising
Skills & Experience
- Qualified CA/CPA
- Post graduate degree will be favourable
- Min 5 years’ experience in a senior finance role
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Cost Accounting and Service Based Cost Accounting
- A proven track record of organisational financial management
- Exemplary interpersonal and leadership skills
- Previous Experience within a ASX listed business desirable
- IPO, capital raising, takeover experience desirable
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction and supervision, with a proven ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite
- IT, telecommunications skills/experience desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to join an agile and innovative company that is primed to undergo a dynamic period of growth. You will work with a small but growing team of focused professionals, which will give you many opportunities to both influence the direction of the company, and to demonstrate your broad skills and talent.
An executive level salary package recognising the importance of this role is on offer for the successful candidate with STI/LTI incentives also on offer.
About The Destination
This role is based in the DIT Head Office in the picturesque city of Toowoomba, this is approximately 90 minutes west of Brisbane. Toowoomba is the largest inland regional city in Australia and is home to a population of approximately 135,000.
Toowoomba is known internationally as the ‘Garden City’ and celebrates this each year with the renowned Carnival of Flowers celebrations in September. The city is a wonderful place to raise a family with many quality schools as well as the University of Southern Queensland.
Toowoomba is fast gaining a reputation as a cultural hub and with two airports servicing the region, the country and the world are right on the doorstep.
For more information
Contact us on : +61412599342