Electronics Engineer / C++ Firmware Engineer
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Firmware Engineer to join our team. The role will be focussed on the development and improvements of our agricultural remote monitoring devices used by farmers in rural Australia.
You will be part of a small team where teamwork and collaboration is the key to success. The mentality of “rolling up your sleeves” and being accountable for the region is expected and provides you with an opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge.
The role will be based in our Townsville production facility and there will be opportunities to travel out into rural Australia at times to test the DIT devices in real time and conditions.
About the role
The core purpose of DIT AgTech is to ‘enable farmers to produce more with less’. We are prioritising the development and innovation of technology that will allow farmers to produce the food that is required for the growing population. DIT has been working closely with the agriculture industry to create a solution that allows producers an opportunity to have a more economical and sustainable business operation.
DIT is a solutions driven organisation with a unified team that shoots for the stars in every aspect of the business. We do this knowing that if we miss the mark then we will land on a lofty mountain. This job is not for those who are just looking to fill in time and collect a wage, this position is for people who are the doers, the people who are a bit crazy and the people who want to actually change the world.
- Develop firmware for embedded microcontrollers and custom hardware
- Debug your firmware code using hardware debuggers and toolsets
- Work under the guidance of our Technical Manager
- Work with radio, cellular and satellite telemetry to get information to our database for the web and app team to present
- Work with our manufacturing team to identify areas for improvement and design for manufacture
- Work with our R&D team to specify and design new products
Skills & Experience (essential)
- 2 years professional experience or 5 years hobby experience with PIC/Atmel/STM or similar microcontrollers using C/C++
- In depth knowledge of the data-sheet. Experience using sleep and low power modes, hardware timers and counters, fuse bits, communication protocols and hardware peripherals
- 1 year professional or 3 years hobby experience with Linux/Raspberry Pi
- Familiarity with electronic schematics. Common sensors, sub-circuits, outputs
Skills & Experience (preferred)
- Experience with telemetry (bandwidth constraints, datatypes, AT command set, cellular/satellite/LoRaWAN/Bluetooth)
- A rural background – understanding our customers need is key to our success
- Innovation and creativity – we are always exploring new ideas and products
- Making – we build everything in house. CAD modelling, 3D printing, CNC milling, design for manufacture, bills of materials, procurement, assembly and testing
- Technical Writing – as we grow from a start-up to a large company we need to document and standardise the way we operate and communicate
- Previous experience and skills applicable to the role will be viewed favourably, however DIT will pick the candidate who we feel best fits our culture and can add value to team. The right candidate will be provided on the job training as well as guaranteed opportunities for personal career progression, up skilling and training
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Ally Gravolin on 0428754373 for further information.