About The Business
DIT AgTech is a rapidly expanding Ag Tech company that is bringing technology to the livestock industry to assist graziers increase their profitability. DIT manufacture and sell patented IoT devices which provide water supplementation to livestock as well as remote monitoring solutions to make life on the land easier and more connected for graziers and producers. In addition to this, we manufacture the supplements which get dosed using our technology.
We place a heavy focus on R&D and are constantly reassessing the needs of the producers at the business end of the supply chain and how our IoT devices can assist in streamlining the ‘on farm’ processes and making them more profitable for the user. At DIT, we pride ourselves on our strong connection to the outback and one of our core principals is to put ‘boots on the ground’ and to grow strong personal face to face relationships with our clients.
About the Role
We are looking for an Electronics Technician to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for the reliable manufacturing of our IOT devices used to dose liquid supplement and remotely monitor on-farm assets.
You will be part of a small team where teamwork and collaboration are key to success. The mentality of “rolling up your sleeves” and assisting with tasks that could be out of your scope is expected and provides you with an opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include,
- Be responsible for ensuring that manufacturing of IOT devices is done promptly and accurately for despatch of all orders.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronics systems
- Update software and run tests on existing equipment
- Assist the Foreman to develop & implement a safe workflow.
- Assist the Foreman to develop and implement a rigorous testing procedure of IOT devices.
- Work closely with the Research and Development team to develop new products and ways to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Maintain culture of the business and build team dynamics.
- Be able to identify risks and hazards in both safety and quality and rectify problems with documented Corrective Action Measures (CAR/s).
- Is able to communicate effectively and respectfully with all members of the team to ensure efficient warehouse functions.
- Adheres to instructions and procedures according to the task at hand and DIT policies, procedures, and objectives.
Benefits and Perks
This position is based at our Technical Production Facility in Townsville, QLD.
- Permanent full-time position.
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Work with and learn from industry experts
- Gain experience within the Agtech sector
- Competitive remuneration package
- Career development
Skills & Experience
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be able to clearly demonstrate ability and capacity in the following:
- Hold a relevant degree from a reputable University, TAFE or Trade College Diploma (desirable)
- Mechanical skills – have the ability to read and understand wiring diagrams & schematics. On the other end of the spectrum, the competency to use soldering equipment, oscilloscopes, multi meters etc.
- Computer skills – have the ability to operate Windows and Microsoft Office applications, understand software applications, how to install software and debug electronic devices
- Communication skills – work collaboratively in a team setting speaking with various other managers, programmers, and technicians
- Eye-hand coordination – because the position involves work with small parts such as circuits and wires, candidates must possess proficient eye-hand coordination to perform repairs and installations
- Organisational skills – must exhibit above-average organisational skills including maintenance of testing equipment, reporting, records, and manuals.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar field is preferable
For more information
Contact us on : +61 428754373 or +61 412599342