About the business
The core purpose of DIT AgTech is to enable farmers to produce more with less. We are prioritising the development and innovation of technology that will allow farmers to produce the food that is required for the growing population. DIT has been working closely with the agriculture industry to create a solution that allows producers an opportunity to have a more economical and sustainable business operation.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Technician to join our team in Townsville. The role will be responsible for manufacturing our IOT devices that are used to proportionally dose livestock and remotely monitor regional Australia. The Electronics Technician will also be involved in research and development and fabrication of DIT’s technology devices.
You will be part of a small team where teamwork and collaboration is the key to success. The mentality of “rolling up your sleeves” and assisting with tasks that may be out of your scope is expected and provides you with an opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge.
Some of the key responsiblities in this role will include,
- Be responsible for ensuring that manufacturing of IOT devices is done promptly and accurately for despatch of all orders.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronics systems
- Update software and run tests on existing equipment
- Assist the Foreperson to develop & implement a safe workflow.
- Assist the Foreperson to develop and implement a rigorous testing procedure of IOT devices.
- The operation of CNC milling machinery for fabrication of IOT devices.
- The operation of hand and power tools involved in fabricating the IOT devices
- Work closely with the Research and Development team to develop new products and ways to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Maintain culture of the business and build team dynamics.
- Be able to identify risks and hazards in both safety and quality and rectify problems with documented Corrective Action Measures (CAR/s).
- Is able to communicate effectively and respectfully with all members of the team to ensure efficient warehouse functions.
Benefits and perks
This position is based at our Technical Production Facility in Townsville, QLD.
- Permanent full-time position.
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Work with and learn from industry experts
- Competitive remuneration package
We have a diverse and culturally rich team at DIT with employees from all over Australia and the world. The team have developed core values that we apply to everyday tasks in addition to our personal lives. We feel very strongly about what we are trying to achieve and DIT are looking for people who believe in disrupting agriculture with technology. We would like it to be understood by applicants that someone’s attitude, grit and determination will be rewarded at DIT more than years of experience.
Skills and experience
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be able to clearly demonstrate ability and capacity in the following:
- Hold a relevant degree from a reputable University, TAFE or Trade College Diploma (desirable)
- Electronics skills – have the ability to read and understand wiring diagrams & schematics. On the other end of the spectrum, have the ability to use soldering equipment, oscilloscopes, multi meters, debugging tools, understand wiring and schematic diagrams.
- Mechanical skills – have the ability to operate hand and power tools and 3D printers.
- Computer skills – have the ability to operate Windows and Microsoft Office applications, understand software applications, how to install software and debug electronic devices
- Communication skills – work collaboratively in a team setting speaking with various other managers, programmers, and technicians
- Eye-hand coordination – because the position involves work with small parts such as circuits and wires, candidates must possess proficient eye-hand coordination to perform repairs and installations
- Organisational skills – must exhibit above-average organisational skills including maintenance of testing equipment, reporting, records, and manuals.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar field is preferable
Contact us on : +61 428754373 or +61 412599342