Gap Year Program 2021
About the role
Applications for the 2021 DIT Gap Year Program are now open. We are offering an opportunity for school leavers to join the DIT tribe. Working within several key areas of the business this role provides fundamental hands-on skills to succeed in a diverse career in agriculture and business.
You will get a once in a lifetime opportunity to travel around Australia, learn valuable new skills and gain experience in the agricultural/agtech industry.
About DIT AgTech
DIT AgTech is a rapidly expanding Ag Tech company that is bringing technology to the livestock industry to assist graziers increase their profitability.
DIT manufacture and sell patented iOT devices which provide water supplementation to livestock as well as remote monitoring solutions to make life on the land easier and more connected for graziers and producers. In addition to this, we manufacture the supplements which get dosed using our technology.
At DIT, we pride ourselves on our strong connection to the outback and one of our core principals is to put ‘boots on the ground’ and to grow strong personal face to face relationships with our clients.
What you would be doing
Learn and experience all aspects of the business Traveling around Australia at our locations assisting in the following:
- Basic overview and training of our mixing warehouses to understand the composition of our supplements
- Basic overview and training in our technical warehouse to learn the best installation and maintenance methods for our IoT devices
- Assisting Territory Managers in managing current clients and accounts
- Learning how to develop new leads and converting these leads into long-term valuable customers who become ambassadors for our business
- Installations of the IoT devices along with trouble shooting
- Basic knowledge on nutritional requirements of livestock and on properties and learning which supplements will benefit the livestock
- Be exposed to extensive and intensive cattle and sheep operations around Australia, Live Export, Meat processing, Horticulture and other industry sectors of Rural and Regional Australia
- You will benefit from mentoring from our senior leadership team in all aspects of the business from sales to production to marketing and everything in between, travel around Australia and learn what it is like to work in a scale up AgTech company.
- Learn how to start a business from nothing and grow it to change the direction of an industry
Who we’re looking for
- School leavers with an interest in getting an early foothold into agriculture and AgTech in Australia
- Ability to travel away from home to rural regions for extended periods
- Excellent personal presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively
- A competent understanding of basic computer skills
- Genuinely passionate about the Australian Agriculture industry
- Self-motivated and loves adventure.
- A starting salary will be negotiated with the successful applicants
- All accommodation will be provided by DIT across Australia.
- After successful completion of the program there will be various permanent positions available in a range of locations nationally.
- Some candidates may be eligible to be sponsored to undertake tertiary studies after the Gap Year.
How to Apply
- Email cover letter with resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why we should let you have this much fun 😊 in 100 words or less.