Supplement Production Foreman
About the business
DIT AgTech is a rapidly expanding Ag Tech company that is bringing technology to the livestock industry to assist graziers increase their production capacity, profitability and sustainability. DIT manufacture and sell a suite of patented IoT devices which provide water supplementation to livestock as well as remote monitoring solutions to make life on the land easier and more connected for graziers and producers. In addition to this, we manufacture the supplements which get dosed using our technology.
We place a heavy focus on R&D and are constantly reassessing the needs of the producers at the business end of the supply chain and how our IoT devices can assist in streamlining the ‘on farm’ processes and making them more profitable for the user. At DIT, we pride ourselves on our strong connection to the outback and one of our core principals is to put ‘boots on the ground’ and to grow strong personal face to face relationships with our clients.
About the role
DIT is looking for a supplement production foreman to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for carrying out the production orders of all of our soluble animal feed supplements in our Townsville warehouse.
You will be part of a small team where teamwork and collaboration are key to success. One of DIT’s core values is “true grit” so the mentality of “rolling up your sleeves” and assisting with tasks that could be out of your scope is expected and provides you with an opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge.
- Be accountable for taking the lead on the physical manufacturing process of all DIT’s supplements at the Townville depot.
- Adhere to and implement all OHS, Feedsafe and QA and QC policies and procedures.
- Assist in the management of all inventory items of supplements.
- Be accountable for keeping the work area neat, clean and tidy according to what is expected within the policies and procedures.
- Assist in the management of the logistics of incoming raw material and outgoing finished products.
- Travel to other DC’s and warehouses to assist when required.
- Be available to assist in other duties that are required of you during your employment at DIT.
- Show proactive initiative in developing reasonable knowledge of the operational and technical aspects of DIT’s products and technology.
Skills & Experience
- Able to communicate effectively and respectfully with the warehouse team, temporary labour, service providers, logistics team, sales team, and management to ensure efficient warehouse functions.
- Takes responsibly and pride in their work and workplace
- Previous warehouse experience will be viewed favourably
- Previous experience working in an agricultural related capacity will be viewed favourably
- Drivers licence essential
- Other appropriate licences such as forklift, confined space, will be viewed favourably.
Benefits and perks
- Great culturally diverse team environment
- Opportunities for career growth
- Flexible working hours
For more information
Contact us on : +61 428754373 or +61 412599342