Territory Manager – Cloncurry and Katherine
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for Territory Managers to join our team in Cloncurry and Katherine.
DIT AgTech has innovative remote monitoring water dosing technology for the supplementation of livestock and require Territory Managers to manage the customer base. This would include working with producers to setup the system and then the ongoing service and management of the herds nutritional requirements.
You will be part of a small team where teamwork and collaboration is the key to success. The mentality of “rolling up your sleeves” and being accountable for the region is expected and provides you with an opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge.
The role will involve 1 month’s training in Townsville at our manufacturing plant. During this time, you will learn all aspects of the business, including mixing livestock supplements, and the installation process our technology.
Once the training is complete, you will travel to an allocated region, to service customers across North QLD, NT or the Kimberley’s. This role would be a great opportunity to experience life in the Aussie Outback and a chance to travel to destinations that you may never otherwise see.
DIT AgTech encourages applicants from all backgrounds, with livestock production experience to apply as we are a diverse and multi-cultural business.
The core purpose of DIT AgTech is to ‘enable farmers to produce more with less’. We are prioritising the development and innovation of technology that will allow farmers to produce the food that is required for the growing population. DIT has been working closely with the agriculture industry to create a solution that allows producers an opportunity to have a more economical and sustainable business operation.
DIT is a solutions driven organisation with a unified team that shoots for the stars in every aspect of
the business. We do this knowing that if we miss the mark then we will land on a lofty
mountain. This job is not for those who are just looking to fill in time and collect a wage, this position is for people who are the doers, the people who are a bit crazy and the people who want to actually change the world.
- Develop a working knowledge of the uDOSE and IoT devices (from manufacture to installation to servicing)
- Facilitate customers to manage the nutritional requirements of their livestock to meet production
- Staying up to date with the latest research into livestock technology, health, and nutrition
- Managing the current DIT customer base in the region by building relationships to understand the needs of the individual producer’s
- Developing new leads and converting these leads into long-term valuable customers
- An attractive package with performance based incentives, a fully maintained company car and a rental allowance, will be negotiated to attract applicants of the highest
- You will benefit from mentoring with our senior leadership team in all aspects of the business from sales to production to marketing and everything in
- Training in our mixing warehouses to understand the composition of our supplements
- Training in our technical warehouse to learn the best installation and maintenance methods for our
Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to work independently across remote rural regions for extended periods
- Excellent personal presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Sales or customer service experience and/or background is highly regarded
- A competent understanding of basic computer skills
- Manual car licence (essential)
- Forklift licence (preferred)
- HR Truck licence (preferred)
- Background in ruminant animal nutrition is highly regarded
- The successful applicant will be genuinely passionate about innovation and creating a sustainable Australian Agriculture industry
- A University qualification in Ag Science/ Agribusiness / Agronomy / Rural Science / Farm Management would be highly regarded but not essential
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Ally Gravolin on 0428754373 for further information.